Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2003 23:43:00 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>, "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/secure/lib/libcrypto opensslconf-alpha.h opensslconf-i386.h opensslconf-ia64.h opensslconf-powerpc.h opensslconf-sparc64.h

"Jacques A. Vidrine" wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 09:13:12PM -0500, Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Peter Wemm wrote:
> > > Ok, but what does this mean in the real world?  Do krb5 users need to sto
> > > building world?
> >
> > Krb5 users just need to use MIT Krb5.
>
> More completely:  Kerberos 5 users who want support for the Kerberos
> 5 cipher suites in SSL/TLS (RFC 2712) must use OpenSSL 0.9.7 from the
> ports tree, along with MIT Kerberos 5.
>
> This shouldn't mean much to anyone, since previously there has never
> been support for RFC 2712 in the versions of OpenSSL included with
> FreeBSD.

Well, there is an ever so slight problem on the freebsd.org cluster:

Jan 28 23:39:40 panther sshd[76989]: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_krb5.so found
Jan 28 23:39:40 panther sshd[76989]: fatal: PAM: initialisation failed

But not being able to log in probably doesn't mean much to anyone.

:-(

Cheers,
-Peter