Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:53:11 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd4.7 and Samba and OS X

On Saturday 08 February 2003 09:28 am, Bill Moran wrote:

> > Maybe the Apple system has not got the necessary permissions to
> > create this extra file.  This could be way off the mark though :).
>
> I just thought of this ...
> Samba has the option to "hide dot files" which would prevent the
> Apples from ever seeing the .appledouble (as I remember) files at
> all.

Yeah But... The .AppleDouble directories were created by NetAtalk. They
were not the creation of clients which had connected to the share.

But you may be on to something as MacOS X does like to create a dot
file/directory on shared resources, its just not called .AppleDouble.
More like .sD2 IIRC.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net