Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 03:33:08 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        Alan Lai <clai33@uwo.ca>
Cc:        sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPPoE on FreeBSD-sparc64

Apparently, On Mon, Feb 24, 2003 at 09:07:04PM -0500,
	Alan Lai said words to the effect of;

> Hello,
>
> I am experiencing troubles w/ PPPoE DSL dial up on FreeBSD5.0 sparc port.
>
> the ppp.log says Cannot load module netgraph ng_ether ng_ppp
> ng_socket... etc
>
> and cannot open device hme0
>
> When I looked into /boot/kernel there aren't any ng modules
>
> so I just wonder if I can be a PPPoE client on a FreeBSD5.0 sparc port
> if so... why things don't work when I followed exactly what the handbook
> said.

The netgraph modules aren't built by default on sparc64 because they
haven't been tested very much (if at all).  Build a new kernel with
the netgraph stuff compiled in statically.  I don't know which options
you will need exactly, look in sys/conf/NOTES.

Jake