Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:53:31 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        <lioux@FreeBSD.org>, <eta@lclark.edu>
Subject:   XFree86 4.3.0 and Ogle problems

Howdy,

I have updated my system to Xfree86 4.3.0 via Eric's patches
and most stuff is running fine, but found a problem with ogle.

With the ogle 9.0 port my playback is choppy/faster/no audio
it would start ok then quickly fall apart.

I de-installed then checked out the ogle and ogle-gui 8.5 ports
and hacked the ogle Makefile like this:

LIB_DEPENDS=    a52.0:${PORTSDIR}/audio/liba52 \
                dvdread.2:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/libdvdread \

LIB_DEPENDS=    a52.0:${PORTSDIR}/audio/liba52 \
                dvdread.3:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/libdvdread \

So that I would still be using the newer dvdread libs, then
rebuilt and re-installed ogle, playback and audio seem fine
now.

My video card is a Matrox G400, audio is Aureal Vortex2.

Any other info need, just ask :-)

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com