Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 13:25:13 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        lioux@FreeBSD.ORG, eta@lclark.edu
Subject:   Re: XFree86 4.3.0 and Ogle problems

On Fri, 7 Mar 2003 11:53:31 -0600
Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com> wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I have updated my system to Xfree86 4.3.0 via Eric's patches
> and most stuff is running fine, but found a problem with ogle.
>
> With the ogle 9.0 port my playback is choppy/faster/no audio
> it would start ok then quickly fall apart.
>
> I de-installed then checked out the ogle and ogle-gui 8.5 ports
> and hacked the ogle Makefile like this:
>
> LIB_DEPENDS=    a52.0:${PORTSDIR}/audio/liba52 \
>                 dvdread.2:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/libdvdread \

> LIB_DEPENDS=    a52.0:${PORTSDIR}/audio/liba52 \
>                 dvdread.3:${PORTSDIR}/multimedia/libdvdread \
>
> So that I would still be using the newer dvdread libs, then
> rebuilt and re-installed ogle, playback and audio seem fine
> now.
>
> My video card is a Matrox G400, audio is Aureal Vortex2.
>
> Any other info need, just ask :-)

Talking to myself again :-)

Just found out that my CDROM has dropped back to non-udma mode.
Do not know why yet, but will post again when this is resolved.

I am using atapicam and the cd0 device on my 4.8-Pre system.
Also have the /boot/loader.conf like this:

userconfig_script_load="YES"
boot_verbose="YES"
hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"
hw.ata.ata_dma="1"
agp_load="YES"
linux_load="YES"

And am pretty sure I had UDMA on the CDROM in the past, but that
may have been before I started using atapicam.

Will follow-up when I know more.

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com