Date:      Thu, 05 Jun 2003 12:40:15 +0100
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A proposed drastic cleanup of the telnet build.

Ruslan Ermilov writes:
> > The downside is that base telnet will depend on src/crypto/telnet,
> > so folks in dodgy countries which don't allow them to have crypto
> > source will not be able to do telnet development, and they will
> > not get a "fresh" telnet[d] after a make world.
> >
> > Comments? I'm keen to go on this.
> >
> I'm not so sure about this.  If it would be possible to extract
> the crypto bits of the telnet sources to separate source files,
> and leave them under src/crypto/, I think that would be the best,
> but if it's too hard, well, the price could be paid.

The point is that src/crypto is the part of the tree that will be
trimmed if there is a ban on crypto source. Part of the same point
is to avoid having duplicate sources, resulting in folks editing
only one and having code divergence between the two.

> Still, even if we decide to leave both copies of sources,
> reducing the number of (lib)telnet(d) makefiles to one set
> is the way to go.

Thats the idea!

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH