Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:48:17 -0700
From:      Ed <Ed.Braaten@intel.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        ed@braatens.org
Subject:   How to make a customized, unattended install for FreeBSD?

--k+w/mQv8wyuph6w0

I would like to customize our store-bought, bootable FreeBSD CD=20
so that it does a non-interactive (or minimally interactive ;-)=20
install. =20

The interim solution we've devised has our lab execution=20
techs booting from a CD and then using the Sysinstall "Load config=20
file" menu option to load an "install.cfg" file from a floppy. =20
We'd like to eliminate this step by having Sysinstall read the=20
install.cfg from the bootable CD.  I've found other folks asking=20
the same question, but to date no answers...=20

Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

--=20
Ed Braaten
DuPont Compatibility Validation Lab
Intel Corp, DuPont, WA