Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:48:49 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <nick@garage.freebsd.pl>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <mitya@cavia.pp.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jailed sysvipc implementation.

--OPsOAWNf+lTlQ18+

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 06:05:18PM +0400, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
+> > > Some time ago I've implemented private memory zones for IPC mechism.
+> > > Every jail and main host got its own memory for IPC operations.
+> > > It was implemented for FreeBSD 4.x. Avaliable at:
+> > >=20
+> > > 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/privipc.tbz
+> > > 	http://garage.freebsd.pl/privipc.README
+> >=20
+> > I think it would be better to add checks to disallow the use of IPC=20
+> > primitives created in one jail from another.
+> > Thus we will avoid allocating separate segments of kernel memory for
+> > each jail.
+> >=20
+> > It could be trivially achieved by adding another field to struct ipc_p=
erm,
+> > but Robert Watson said he knows another way of doing this without
+> > breaking ABI (if I understood him right).
+> >=20
+>=20
+> Please look at his patch:
+>=20
+> http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/mac_sysvipc.diff
+>=20
+> It does slightly different things, but we could borrow from it.

But you got still *one* memory zones for every jail and main host.
And I want to separate them.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       pawel@dawidek.net
UNIX Systems Programmer/Administrator     http://garage.freebsd.pl