Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:49:52 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gkrellm-xkb doesnt work

> > I just installed gkrellm-xkb from the ports (1.00 on 5.1 release with
> > Xfree86-4.3.0,1 and gkrellm2). I can enable it in gkrellm config, but
> > there is no menu entry to configure it. The gkrellm install log says
> > it installed just fine. The krell where the flags should be just shows
> > a question mark.

i figured it out. Besides removing the options in XF86Config, I also
had to remove the file
  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xkb/X0-config.keyboard
that was generated by xf86cfg.

> > Is there normally an entry under Configuration/Plugins where I can
> > adjust settings?
>
> This plugin have no configuration dialog, that's intended.

hehe, I somehow expected to be able to change the keyboard layout with
a click. but the plugin does not intend that. looks like someone (me?)
will have to implement another plugin that has this capability.

thanks for the help, t.