Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:58:35 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Jonghwa Ahn <ahnwhdghk87@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on a Win2000 partition (was: Re: Please answer back)

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC

Hi,

> Could you install FreeBSD on an existing version of Windows 2000
> Professional and still have the option of choosing which OS to run
> on your computer?

Not directly, but if you have some space on your hard drive left, you can
shrink your Windows 2000 and install FreeBSD then. They will happily
co-exist, and there is a menu at the startup which allows you to choose
the OS to be booted.

Unfortunately, I do not know of a free program that can shrink NTFS
partitions, so you will probably need Partition Magic or some other
commercial product.

Regards,
 Simon
=20
P.S. Please use a more better ``subject'' next time - many people will
skip messages with non-descriptive subject lines immediately.

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC--