Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 11:18:53 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I've played around with gdesklets (patch included for interested parties)

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:29:18 -0500
Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net> wrote:

> > The __command_thread() doesn't run.
> >
> > I've also fixed a little bug (the first 2 interfaces aren't choosable)
> > and added some "debug" code to __command_thread().
>
> It's a lot better, I now can see the list of different interfaces, but I
> don't get anything output so had to refresh it manual. Then, I get this..

How dou you refresh manually?

> __command_thread called
> not stopped
>
> When, I keep do the refresh often and I get like this..

The command thread runs in a loop and sleeps there for the specified
amount. How long did you waited before the second manual refresh?

> Unhandled exception in thread started by
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "./__init__.py", line 58, in __command_thread
>      l = l.replace(":"," ")
>    File "/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/gdesklets/sensor/Sensor.py", line 54, in
> _send_output
>      self.update_observer(self.OBS_OUTPUT, output)
>
> Is it bug in Python or what? I have Python 2.3_1 installed.

I've 2.3 too... it may be an interoperability bug with 2.3 or it's a bug
in gdesklet. I suggest to ask the authors of gdesklet / the
network-desklet.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Actually, Microsoft is sort of a mixture between the Borg and the Ferengi.