Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:44:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      twig les <twigles@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   quick question about turning the annoying beep off in X

Hey all, in my /etc/csh.cshrc I have

xset b off

which does what I want, which is to tell X to shut up without me
having to type the command in every X session.  But it seems
clumsy as it puts up an error "xset:  unable to open display """
when I ssh in.  I fully understand that this *should* be an
error because csh.cshrc is a shell init file, I just tried this
in .xinitrc and it didn't work.  Putting it in
/usr/X11R6/bin/startx had predictably bad results.

So anyone know the correct file for this command?

=====
http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree