Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:37:01 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@streamyx.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   python version, modules and Zope

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP

I'm starting to try port most of the Plone/CMF collective and any
dependencies, and I'm encountering this problem.

USE_ZOPE=3Dyes forces PYTHON_VERSION=3Dpython2.1

What happens is that, any python module dependencies, gets installed in=20
python2.1 site-packages directory, and usually conflicts with one
installed as python2.3. eg.

py21-imaging vs py23-imaging

Although they should co-exist peacefully, as they are installed in
separate directories, make install will complain that an older version
of py-imaging (py23-imaging in this case) is already installed. Similarly
portupgrade will try to  upgrade py21-imaging to py23-imaging.

What's the proper way to handle this? As reference, my first port
attempt is at http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3Dports/60689

Any help would be much appreciated, as I can see this problem occuring
again, for a lot of the new ports I'm planning to create.

Thanks

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP

--s9fJI615cBHmzTOP--