Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 12:01:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mobasher Sobhan <moba2k@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Which architecture?

Hi,

I'm a rookie with FreeBSD.  I'm confused by which
platform of freebsd could be installed on various IBM
compatible/windows boxes.  I have one pc with AMD
Athlon 2GHz and another running on Pentium III.  I
assumed i386 (because of "x86"), but when I clicked on
a link on a link "i386" under platforms supported, it
took me to something "Samba" or something related.
Should I get it from "ISO-IMAGES-amd64" directory in
the ftp instead?  Or is that for AMD's more advanced
server processors?

Thanks in advance.

Mobasher Sobhan

=====