Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2004 16:54:40 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: miata hangs on boot with 5.3-BETA2-alpha-bootonly.iso image

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 04:40:04PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 04:36:10PM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote..
> > On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 04:23:52PM +0200, José M. Fandiño wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > While testing BETA2 the box hangs at xl0 detection.
> > >
> > > Below I attach boot output from 5.3-BETA2 and if you
> > > read the next boot you will see a normal (and successful)
> > > boot with 5.2.1-RELEASE.
> > >
> > > Any idea about the problem?
> > > (if you need some other info don't hesitate to request it)
> >
> > Sound similar to PHK's AS1000A story - and this box has no EISA at all!
> > But it also has no gap in PCI bus numbering and just hangs instead of
> > traping.
>

> And DES reported something similar on his Miata as well for BETA1.

Is this still the case for DES?
The last point I saw on the list was missing sio0 flags to get console
output.

The interessting point with Miata is that it was not affected byt
the EISA breakage and therefor we can massivly reduce the timecap
when the problem arised.
DES wrote that a kernel from May worked for him - if he also has this
problem now then we have a starting point.

bernd@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de