Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 2004 18:05:53 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        kaelthun@zeelandnet.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Platforms

kaelthun@zeelandnet.nl wrote:

> Thanks guys. And I most certainly will enjoy FreeBSD as Microsoft windows
> is really starting to get to me >:|

Acutally, you probably won't enjoy it at first.

My experience:

Windows users love Windows at first, then grow to hate it.

BSD users hate FreeBSD at first, but grow to love it.

The reason is that Windows is easy to use and learn, but once you understand
it, you start to realize all the problems and shortcomings it has.

FreeBSD (or any Unix-like system) doesn't pretent to be easy to learn.  It
_is_ learnable, it just takes some time.  But after 5 years of using FreeBSD
as my desktop computer, I'm _still_ learning new ways to use it to make
my work easier.  And I had it working better than Windows 5 years ago.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies