Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 2004 20:57:11 +0100
From:      Richard Collyer <richard@firebadger.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvsup: WITH_BDB_VER

Hello,

Having some trouble with updaing ports via cvsup. The problems started
when i forgot to add -L 2 to the cvsup command so instead of doing
"cvsup -g -L 2 ports-supfile" i did "cvsup -g ports-supflie".

No matter what I do I cant get "make index" to work it alwasy fails at
the berkley database.

Any ideas?

Here is the output from the shell

brian# cvsup -g -L 2 /home/richard/software/cvsup/ports-supfile
Parsing supfile "/home/richard/software/cvsup/ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup.uk.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
 Checkout ports/INDEX
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully
brian# make index
Generating INDEX - please wait.."Makefile", line 38: WITH_BDB_VER must be one between 2, 3, 4, 41 and 42
===> databases/p5-BerkeleyDB failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1