Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:05:35 +0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org>
Cc:        www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Configuration change request: Add application/xml

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 06:58:12PM +0200, Wolfram Schneider wrote:
> Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 18:58:12 +0200
> From: Wolfram Schneider <wosch@freebsd.org>
> To: Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
> Cc: www@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Configuration change request: Add application/xml
>=20
> On 2004-10-11 14:34:54 +0800, Xin LI wrote:
> > Hi, webmaster,
> >=20
> > I think it might be valuable for us to have:
> >=20
> > 	application/xml                 xml xsl
> >=20
> > In our server's mime.types, that will make .xml and .xsl files to be
> > treated as XML Files, which is needed by the Mozilla browser.
>=20
> we have .xml and .xsl files on our web site(s)???

Oh... I means people.freebsd.org.  This does not mean that we have to
have these definations, as I have a ``rendered'' version of my files,
however, I just feel that this is valuable to do because browsers usually
expect xml/xsl's to be ``branded'' as their respective types.

The primary reason to store these files in xml is to make applications
to treat it easily (e.g. sort by some field, etc).  It is actually a
suggested MFC list for the upcoming 5.3-R.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--