Date:      Sat, 6 Nov 2004 12:16:57 +0100
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <msch@snafu.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd 5.3 have any problem with vinum ?

--nextPart1444282.KblqGsoqYG

Am Mittwoch, 3. November 2004 21:27 schrieb secmgr:
> Just ran into this myself.  I had a perfectly happy raid 5 plex under
> 5.3 RC1.  I upgrade to RC2, and the whole plex goes stale.  I deleted
> everything from the volume on down (except for the drives), and tried
> to recreate the vol/plex/sd's.  gvinum creates them, but they come
> back (like the undead) as stale and unusable (just like they were
> before). I'm finding commands documented (in help), but unimplemented
> (checkparity?  init?).

Did you try to simply 'start' the plex? This works for initialisation of=20
a newly created RAID5-Plex as well as for recalculating parity=20
informations on a degraded RAID5-Plex.

It's that simple (at least for me on 5-STABLE) but admittedly=20
undocumented.

=2D-=20
Ciao/BSD - Matthias

Matthias Schuendehuette <msch [at] snafu.de>, Berlin (Germany)
PGP-Key at <pgp.mit.edu> and <wwwkeys.de.pgp.net> ID: 0xDDFB0A5F