Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:51:41 +0600
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@nsu.ru>
To:        Joseph Koshy <joseph.koshy@gmail.com>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: .so macro in man pages

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 06:20:29PM +0530, Joseph Koshy wrote:
> > what is proper way of linking manpages in our world?
>
> You may want to look at the 'MLINKS' make macro
> (see /usr/src/share/man/man?/Makefile for examples).

I'm afraid that's not exactly what I seek.  With MLINKS, you can have
several manpages being mutual hardlinks.  While this saves even more
space compared to tiny manpage which contains only `.so man1/foo', I'd
like to know why the latter method didn't work for me as expected, just
for the reference.

Thanks.

./danfe