Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:12:36 -0800
From:      Joe Rhett <jrhett@meer.net>
To:        "Paul A. Hoadley" <paulh@logicsquad.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS P5GD2: onboard SATA RAID support

The 3114 works fine as a normal IDE controller.  But unless you have the
very latest SATA code (not yet in -stable) it can't read the BIOS-made
arrays.  Delete them, and recreate them using atacontrol instead and you'll
find it works fine.

But don't pull a drive during a rebuild or you'll get a kernel panic ;-)

--
Joe Rhett
Senior Geek