Date:      Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:13:40 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Yamamoto Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: update patch of security/wpa_supplicant, from 0.3.0 to 0.3.8

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:53:03AM +0900, Yamamoto Shigeru wrote:
>=20
> Hi, all,
>=20
> I modify @ports/security/wpa_supplicant/ from 0.3.0 to 0.3.8,
>  and make a diff, which is created by "diff -aruN".
>=20
> my works are,
>=20
> - change base code: 0.3.0 =3D> 0.3.8 (latest stable release)
> - add a patch to create /var/run/wpa_supplicant.pid
> - install sample configuration file (/usr/local/etc/wpa_supplicatn.conf.s=
ample)

Thanks for you submission.  I've committed these parts along with some
fixes.

> - install start/stop script

I did not commit this because I believe this is the wrong way to
integrate wpa_supplication.  The integration needs to take place in
/etc/rc.d/netif so wpa supplicant is started on interfaces when they
arrive, not at boot since they may not exist until arbitrarily later.

-- Brooks

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9--