Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2005 17:57:25 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Jayson Alvarez <jay2xra@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there a file where I can specify the location of my header files??(like that of ld.so.hints)

Hi,
  I think I did something horrible with my machine. I
cannot complete a "make" anywhere in ports. For
example, I'm compiling iperf and got this error.

headers.h:82:19: errno.h: No such file or directory
headers.h:139:24: syslog.h: No such file or directory

I used find to search for these files and I did find
it.

#find / -name errno.h -print
/usr/include/sys/errno.h
/usr/include/sys/syslog.h

Whenever I'm compiling a c program, I learned that I
can pass a -I<directory> to the gcc, but I don't know
how to do it in ports. Is there a file where in I can
specify where my include files can be found, like that
of the ld-elf.so.hints and ld.so.hints that contains
the directory where my libraries can be found?

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250