Date:      Wed, 2 Mar 2005 02:46:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel config: sound device with or without quotes

Hello,

In /usr/src/sys/conf/NOTES is the list of supported
sound devices. I get confused by the pressence and
absence of quotes here. Are these quotes only
decoration, or really needed. For example:

device          "snd_ad1816"
device          snd_cmi

If they are needed, it confuses me why one sound
device needs quotes, and another doesn't?

How does that affect the use of loading them in
/boot/loader.conf? How about following two:

snd_ad1816_load="YES"
snd_cmi_load="YES"

Is that OK?

Thanks,