Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2005 10:41:09 +0300
From:      "Eugene M. Minkovskii" <emin@mccme.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sshd behaviour

Hi. I see strange to me behaviour of sshd. Please tell me is it
bug or feature?

I use following network configuration:

#######    ###########    ##########
# LAN # -> # gateway # -> # router #
#######    ###########    ##########

Gateway machine has sshd. Normally I work from LAN on the gateway
good. But when connection with provider's router broken:

#######    ###########      ##########
# LAN # -> # gateway # -X-> # router #

I can't login from LAN to gateway. Moreover, I can't login from
gateway to itself, using loop interface. But other Network
servicec working good. For example, I can do
# telnet gateway 25
from LAN.

Provider's router is default router in /etc/rc.conf.

--
Sensory  yours, Eugene  Minkovskii
Сенсорно ваш,   Евгений Миньковский