Date:      Thu, 17 Mar 2005 22:14:50 +0100
From:      Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@student.tue.nl>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ULE scheduler freezes kernel

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

Hi,

I was trying the ULE scheduler again on my single i686 5.4PRE laptop,
but it causes the kernel to freeze after some time (>=3D30 minutes): the
kernel does not even respond to opening/closing the lid when booting
verbose (normally it displays "acpi_lid0: Lid {opened|closed}").
Having some disk activity (e.g. portupgrade) seems to catalyze this
behaviour.  Only a full power reset gets the laptop running again.  I do
not have this problem with the 4BSD scheduler.

Sources are from March 16, 23:10 UTC.

Full details are available using anonymous ftp at
ftp://82.168.140.74/pub/ {conf|log}

Regards,
Rene
--=20