Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:09:31 +0100
From:      dgmm <freebsd01@dgmm.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New motherboard advice

Has anyone installed FreeBSD using this board?

 	Gigabyte 8S648FX -RZ ATX SiS648FX P4 Motherboard.

http://www.digiconcepts.com/gigabyte_motherboards_105.htm

SiS 648FX chipset
Processor: Socket 478 for Intel=AE Pentium=AE 4 processor
Chipset:
North-bridge: SiS648FX
South-bridge: SiS963L MuTIOL=AE Media I/O
CMedia 9761A Codec chip
ICS1883 LAN chip

Any hardware incompatibilities I should know of?  Should I avoid it like th=
e=20
plague? Or is it a nice, reliable, stable board?

I don't see much mention in the hardware compatibility list for SiS chipset=
s. =20
is there somewhere else I can look to find "recommended" motherboards?

I'm intending putting an Intel P4 3.2GHz CPU in and DDR400 ram.

It'd be nice if all the onboard stuff would play nicely with FreeBSD
=2D-=20
Dave