Date:      Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:52:21 -0600
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bootable CDROM creation system

My company built a tool a few years back for creating a bootable cdrom
based on a running host FreeBSD 3/4 system, which promptly got shelved and
forgotten.I recently had to update it for FreeBSD 5 and thought that
perhaps the community at large could make use it before it gets forgotten
again.

The system is named 'shimmer', and basically all you need to do is
type 'make shimmer' and it will create a bootable cd with everything
you need to have a useless system that runs from single cdrom
(usefulness is left as an exercise for the user).

We are not at all interested in competing with groups like FreeSBIE, but
are willing to support and help enhance some of the basic utilities and
structure etc. if anybody is interested in using this stuff.

http://www.issci.ca/chad/shimmer.tgz

Comments and questions are welcome.

--
Chad David