Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2005 23:21:25 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
Cc:        Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>, uzi@bmby.com, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD MySQL still WAY slower than Linux

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 11:12:06PM +0200, Matthias Buelow wrote..
> Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl> writes:
>
> >If you give me $5 per Unix system found there I can retire here and now.
>
> For financial transaction processing, and the customer's accounts?

Yes.  Go and visit the London City and check their computer rooms.
You will be surprised about the number of UNIX boxes.  You don't
think IBM, HP, Sun etc sell their UNIX machines just to ISPs or..?

> I hope it's not my bank..

It might very well be your bank..

--
Wilko Bulte				wilko@FreeBSD.org