Date:      Tue, 28 Jun 2005 11:14:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "M. Goodell" <freebsdutah@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Which Flavor Of Java?

We are looking into installing Java / Tomcat and I have a couple of questions before I proceed:

1 - Which Java should I install from the /usr/ports/ directory? There is "/usr/ports/jdk15" and there is "/usr/ports/linux-sun-jdk15". What is the difference between the two and is one better than the other?

2 - Does anyone have a favorite text book / setup guide / web site for setting up Apache for use with Tomcat? I have worked with Tomcat back in the 1.3 days but have not had much to do with it since that time.

Thanks in advance....

Michael

http://mail.yahoo.com