Date:      Tue, 20 Sep 2005 15:59:58 +0200
From:      Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org>
To:        Maxim Maximov <mcsi@mcsi.pp.ru>
Cc:        acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hard hang with powerd

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 04:35:24PM +0400, Maxim Maximov wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> 	I've got hard hangs with latest CURRENT in a few seconds after
> 	enabling powerd. Here's loader.conf:
>
> # cat /boot/loader.conf
> hw.psm.synaptics_support=1
> debug.mpsafevfs=1
> acpi_perf_load="YES"
> cpufreq_load="YES"
> debug.acpi.disabled="sysres"
> bcmwl5_sys_load="YES"
>
> 	What else can I do to help debug it?

The 2 logical CPUs need to set the same MSRs at the same time,
but if the second one is forced to be idle, I'm not sure if p4tcc will
work fine.

Therefore, I'm wondering if this hard hang happens with a SMP kernel
and hyperthreading is enabled, or if this happens with a UP kernel.

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.