Date:      Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:46:01 -0400
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Ansar Mohammed <ansarm@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BGL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 10:09:17PM -0400, Ansar Mohammed wrote:
> Is the kernel locking issue with FreeBSD 4.x sorted out in 5.x? I can't seem
> to get a proper answer.

Perhaps because the above isn't a proper question?  Yes, the BGL was
pushed down a lot in FreeBSD 5.  It still covers some parts of the
kernel (less in 6), so if can be more precise about a specific
"locking issue" then perhaps we can give a more precise answer.

Kris

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL

--vtzGhvizbBRQ85DL--