Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:43:14 +0200
From:      Zsolt =?ISO-8859-2?Q?K=FAti?= <kutizs@t-online.hu>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   optical mouse problem

Dear All,

I've got a Samsung PS/2 (SMOP5000WX) mouse that does not work. While
the pointer appears, it hectically wanders around the screen and
suddenly produces false keystroke-like actions.

Applying hint.psm.0.flags="0x0200" makes it a plain PS/2 mouse, that
works fine (no wheel then, of course).

Without that flag, configuration is OK with another PS/2 mouse, wheel
working. The optical mouse is recognized ("4D+ Mouse"). moused.c
contains code that in priciple handles this type, in practice not. I
tried various moused parameters, even serial types (I know, it
against what it is recommended in man) , NORESET as hint, none of them
helped.

What could I try to get it operate normally?

Or better leave it alone and go for a new one?

Thanks!
Zsolt