Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:54:27 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joseba =?utf-8?b?U8OhbmNoZXo=?= <joseba@thermicoil.com>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/sndstat

Joseba S=C3=A1nchez <joseba@thermicoil.com> wrote:

> Dear Maintainer.

Not anymore... you have an old ports tree.

> I send you the file /dev/sndstat of my PC. Skype doesn't work well with
> my sound card. Making a phone call, I obtain the next answer of Skype:
> problem with sound device. (First situation)
>
> This is the text of the file:
>
> FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
> Installed devices:
> pcm0: <Acer Labs M5451> at io 0x8400 irq 5 kld snd_t4dwave (4p/1r/0v
> channels duplex default)
>

> Typing dmesg, I obtain the next line about the sound card:
>
> pcm0:<Conexant CX20468 AC97 Codec>
>
> Everything goes ok, I can hear the phone ringing, but when the
> comunication starts, apears the problem.( Second situation)
>
> I hope that's what you want.

I assume you don't use FreeBSD-current, where this is supposed to be fixed.
It's a problem in the sound system. If you know how to patch C sources (wit=
diff/patch), you can have a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/, ther=
are patches to the sound system for some FreeBSD versions. Else you have to
wait until those changes are in an official release or you have to install
-current (depending on your trust in development versions of FreeBSD).

Further discussion should happen on multimedia@ (CCed), since it's a proble=
in the sound system.

Bye,
Alexander.