Date:      Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:59:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        anderson@centtech.com
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i8000fan for freebsd and Sony PCG-z1wa

In message: <43F7F2FD.9070509@centtech.com>
            Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > Recently, I've had to diagnose problems with my dell i8200 which sadly
: > runs windows.  It was running slower than the dickens.  Turns out it
: > was heat related and the bios was stepping the speed down and never
: > back up.  I've not been able to fix the overheading problem (would
: > love to know how, btw).
: >
: > In the process of all of this, I found a damn useful program that
: > monitored the temperature, fan speed CPU load and CPU speed, producing
: > a nice graph over time.
: >
: > I was wondering if something similar existed for FreeBSD.  I'd like a
: > nice little program that I can use to graph the temperature, CPU speed
: > and cpu load, with and without powerd running.  Can anybody help me out?
: >
:
: Are you looking for a long term statistical tool, or a real-time
: graphical view?  I was thinking perl+rrdtool for a long term background
: tool that would create png's would be pretty easy to whip up..

I was hoping to get a nice real-time graph...

Warner