Date:      Thu, 4 May 2006 20:43:15 -0500
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Jo Rhett <jrhett@svcolo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/95708: freebsd startup script for sec port

On 04/05/2006, Jo Rhett wrote:

> I'm highly amused that I would be asked to make some changes, when
> the request for said changes requires more typing than making the
> changes.  This is what, 41 characters different?

Some maintainers object, vociferously, to any change made to their ports
without their approval.  Therefore, the default policy is that maintainers
need to be asked, because it is too difficult to remember which maintainers
will complain and which won't.  This is a classical case of "damned if you
do, damned if you don't."

mcl