Date:      Thu, 4 May 2006 22:10:57 -0400
From:      Ross Lippert <lippert@math.mit.edu>
To:        wpaul@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ndis0 won't set ssid on freeBSD 6.0

I have gotten the f5d8010 card to work with a ndisgen-ed
WniHdd51 driver from NetGear.  dmesg recognizes it, ndis0
shows up when I ifconfig, it seems to have everything,
except ssid, as in

ifconfig ndis0 ssid "word"

and still the ssid is listed as "".  Switching to hex
(ssid "0x65666665" for example) doesn't help.  I have looked
for ssid problems in the PRs and not found one.

Any recommendations welcome.

I am not subscribed to the mailing list, so please reply personally.

-r

--
Ross A. Lippert
M.I.T., Department of Mathematics