Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:11:01 +0200
From:      =?windows-1257?Q?Oliver_Aruv=E4li?= <oliver@imago.ee>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   choosing the cputype for core 2 duo?

Hi,

So I am building an allaround server for an average business, 30 or so
workstations and some misc machines. I was presented with a machine, =
which
in my mind is bit of an overkill, but if they are willing to spend then =
think I should give them the maximum I can squeeze out from that PC. So =
the
=84server=94 has a conroe core 2 duo processor. What would be the best =
choice in
make.conf as a CPUTYPE paramater for this processor (other make.conf =
related
recommendations also welcome). I have had only experience installing =
freebsd
on a bit older amd machines where the choise was obvious.

=20

Thank you all in advance,

Oliver