Date:      Sat, 18 Nov 2006 19:33:23 +0100
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T60

Hello,

Two months ago i mailed this list with a question about
the T60 and the wireless card that's included.

After the answers i got here and some further investigation
on my side, i ordered the T60. A few days ago, finaly, it
was deliverd, so now i can show the first results :)

First of all, i am not using the standard built in Intel wireless
card, but an Atheros that can be ordered via IBM. The shop was
kind enough to build it in for me, so no hassle at that part.

I installed 6.2 (beta3) and CURRENT, both installed without
a problem from CD. Everything seems to work except sound and
the em interface. In CURRENT sound (snd_hda) works, so i
think somebody needs to MFC that driver. (why was it removed
from stable?)

X works (perfect) at 1400x1050 with framebuffering.  I did not
look (yet) at an ATI drivers, since FB is all i need :)

Pro:
- Robust look and feel
- Quality!
- Nice keyboard
- Keyboard light (i love it :) )
- Mousepointer between the keys (my former laptop was a toshiba)

Con:
- Fan speed. It hasn't dropped below 2500 rpm
- Battery time (now running 30 minutes on battery and i have a
  remaining cappacity of 72%. I suspect the fan as a battery drainer.

or set with sysctl. So, my first impression, if the cons are fixed,
this is a perfect laptop when running FreeBSD. If you're preferred
OS is written by Microsoft it will probably work without any hassle,
but i did not try that.

--
Regards,

Richard.