Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:33:29 +0200
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        clsung@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   lang/p5-Expect depends on deprecated devel/p5-IO-Stty

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

Hi,

The following ports depend on devel/p5-IO-Stty which is deprecated and
its expiration date is Nov 16 2006:

devel/p5-Expect-Simple
devel/p5-Test-Expect
lang/p5-Expect
net/ct
net/p5-BBS-UserInfo-Maple3
net/p5-BBS-UserInfo-Maple3itoc
net/p5-BBS-UserInfo-Ptt
net/p5-Net-SCP-Expect
net/v6eval
www/rt36

It seems that only lang/p5-Expect depends directly on devel/p5-IO-Stty.
The other ports depend on lang/p5-Expect itself, so the issue will be
fixed if we deal with lang/p5-Expect.

Any ideas what dependency to use instead of devel/p5-IO-Stty?
I checked that only devel/p5-IO-Stty installs Stty.pm and that
lang/p5-Expect requires IO::Stty.

Maybe we should un-deprecate devel/p5-IO-Stty?
It's last release is from 11 Mar 1998, but it is available from
http://search.cpan.org/dist/IO-Stty/ and lang/p5-Expect depends on it
and 9 other ports depend on lang/p5-Expect :-(

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv
%
An age is called Dark not because the light fails to shine, but because
people refuse to see it.
                -- James Michener, "Space"

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--