Date:      Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:06:48 +0100
From:      Momchil Ivanov <idiotbg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-database@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql.sock

--nextPart10417733.eLjMlhfAMC

=D0=9D=D0=B0 2.3.2007 17:55 drewshen =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5:
> I installed  mysql through ports on freebsd 6.1.  i started the daemon, a=
nd
> mysql starts.  however when i try "mysql" i get
> ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> '/tmp/mysql.sock'
>
> i looked this up on the mysql page and did find much help.  first i tried
>
> shell> chmod +t /tmp
>
> to protect tmp.  that didnt solve it, so i tried to point my sock file to
> another directory in /etc/my.cnf.  i got the same error message, even with
> the new directory.  does anyone know where my problem lies? thanks!

What do you see in your mysql error log file?

=2D-=20
This correspondence is strictly confidential. Any screening, filtering
and/or production for the purpose of public or otherwise disclosure is
forbidden without written permission by the author signed above. If you are
not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete any copies

PGP KeyID: 0x3118168B
Keyserver: pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint BB50 2983 0714 36DC D02E  158A E03D 56DA 3118 168B