Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2007 15:19:15 +0100
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   nss_ldap and openldap on the same server.

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

Hi,=20

I have a small problem. On my central server we run an openldap server that=
=20
contains the userdata for some systems. An the server uses this ldap=20
server for authentication and nss. The problem is that when the server is=
=20
booting slapd takes a very long time to start up. I think it's trying to
get an answer from ldap for the user ldap. But user ldap is in /etc/passwd=
=20
and in /etc/groups

My nsswitch.conf looks like this.=20

group: files ldap
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: files ldap
shells: files

The system comes up but takes very long to do so (i think it's somekind of
timeout)=20
Mar 12 14:58:23 phobos slapd[584]: nss_ldap: could not search LDAP server -=
 Server is unavailable

As I see it, nss asks all sources even if the frist one allready knows the
answer. Is there a way to change this.=20

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu@augusta.de          |  on request=20
Germany            | 					| =20

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO

--M9NhX3UHpAaciwkO--