Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:38:25 +0200
From:      Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>
To:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JTAG recommendations?

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

On Tue, Jun 12, 2007 at 09:21:08AM +0200, Milan Obuch wrote:
> If you could compile software manually and test it, I can help you with=
=20
> creating a port. Not sure I am the best person to do it, but I could help=
 a=20
> bit.

Thanks, but that's not the problem - I know how to create a
port.

That's not the issue here - I was asking what other people on FreeBSD
use for their JTAG needs, seeing that OpenOCD isn't in ports I doubt
that is in widespread use among FreeBSD users (else, someone would
have submitted a port).

> Well, I would like to be able to work with my S3C2410 based board fully u=
nder=20
> FreeBSD, but I did not succeed yet to build a working kernel/loader for m=
y=20
> board, even JTAG adapter I got with the board works with sofware running=
=20
> under Windows. It connects to parallel port, bears a WIGGLER mark on it, =
if=20
> anybody has some experience with it I would like to hear.

See http://www.macraigor.com/wiggler.htm - it's the de facto standard
when it comes to parallel port JTAG connections. It is supported by
both openwince-jtag and OpenOCD.

> That being said, being a bit experienced in some areas, I consider myself=
 only=20
> a newbie in JTAG area, I would like to ask what are you doing with JTAG?=
=20
> There are still areas where one could still discover something new...

I use it for downloading new firmware images to devices and debugging
said firmware.

Regards,
Brix

PS: No need to CC: me on reply, I am subscribed to the
freebsd-embedded@ mailing list.
--=20
Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk>

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI