Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:19:58 -0700
From:      Eli Dart <dart@es.net>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 6.2 mtu now limits size of incomming packet

Stephen Clark wrote:

> So was any decision reached on this issue - will FreeBSD changed to
> accept a packet on an
> interface that is larger than the mtu on that interface?

If possible, I'd like to see the ability to enforce interface MTU for
received packets preserved in a sysctl if it is removed for the default
config...  In other words, something like:

net.link.mtu_limits_received_pktsize = 0|1

Then, default it to 0 to preserve 4.x behavior.

Thanks,

		--eli

--
Eli Dart                                         Office: (510) 486-5629
ESnet Network Engineering Group                  Fax:    (510) 486-6712