Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2007 08:00:43 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        marius.nuennerich@gmx.net
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Porting FreeBSD to the Neo1973 (arm920t)

In message: <20070918115334.569521c1@sol.hackerzberg.local>
            Marius Nuennerich <marius.nuennerich@gmx.net> writes:
: Hi all,
:
: Andrew Turner and me are currently exploring what to do about getting
: FreeBSD to run on the Neo1973. Andrew put up some first instructions
: here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FreeBSD
:
: Much information about the hardware can be found in that wiki. We are
: currently stuck after loading the kernel because there is no
: framebuffer driver (yet) and the uart is not working.
:
: I'm using qemu right now because I have no hardware yet.
:
: Any idea what to do next? How to get the uart working? And how to tell
: the kernel to use it as console?

It might also make sense to create a mkimage port.  I have another
AT91RM9200 board with uboot I'd like to be able to boot from...

Warner