Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 18:02:53 +0000
From:      neal <kneel.pardoe@virgin.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [OT] who wrote this

On Monday 26 November 2007, eBoundHost: Artur wrote:
> >Lets also remember that history is written by the
> > victors, which means they LIE!
> >neal.
>
> Wow neal, that's very nice of you. =A0

What is? Surely this is not the first time you have heard=20
this said about history.

> are you saying that=20
> hitler didn't do any of these things? =A0

What I was saying was contained in the post, there were no=20
words missing, it was all there, complete.

> I'm not even going=20
> to respond to you here, just going to re-post your words
> to show that there are still people like you out there...

Oh, you took this personally as if it was an insult directed=20
at you. This is one of the problems when viewing with=20
combative mind set.

> And as far as your sage to the moon quote, don't think
> too much of your own sagedom, there is always someone
> younger and smarter. =A0

Despite the failure of the 'message', it was honestly sent=20
*to* you not *at* you as you seem to think.=20

how about "we do not see the world as it is but as we are".

> You would be better off being a=20
> little less "sagy" and a bit nicer.

Thanks, but you are not in a position to determine how I=20
might be better or worse off.

> Now to the rest of you who are for some reason turning
> this into a Censorship issue. =A0It's not. =A0I'm asking to
> replace the text on the HTML front page with a completely
> unnecessary reference to hitler. =A0We're not talking about
> pruning the quotes database for controversial speakers.
> =A0having hitlers name there does nothing positive for the
> project and polarizes the viewing audience because it
> offends the vast majority of people, 99% of whom are not
> going to spend an evening writing to a mailing list to
> have the issue fixed. They won't think about the deep
> philosophical reasons why this should be there in
> principle. =A0They are going to read the page and think to
> themselves that the freebsd community are a bunch of
> jerks.

No, that is what it says to *you*. You are not everyone=20
else.

> There are far better ways to express the thought than by
> simply saying "hitler quotes". =A0For instance it can be
> replaced with "controversial persons" or something
> similar. =A0

So it is about censorship. You want the name 'Hitler' erased=20
from existence.