Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2008 07:16:31 -0500
From:      Gerard <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: what happened to linuxflashplugin?

--Sig_/wjoiTzU6Zozfjhmqs1C8GO5

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:55:45 +0000
Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hah! Good luck... I never got it work either, There are wrappers all
> other barriers to stop you. And even then it may only work
> intermittently. Correct me if I'm wrong guys

I hear you. I have used both Firefox and Opera and have never gotten
flash to work as easily and consistently as it does under Windows. When
the added burden of having to use wrappers, etc, it is just not worth
the hassle. I have seen references to system linking files to make
flash work; however, I have better things to do than invest huge
amounts of time attempting to get something to work when it is already
technologically possible to do so without all that individual
intervention.

It does seem rather ironic that we claim that FreeBSD is a superior OS
to Microsoft's Windows; however, we are unable to get even a common web
add-on like flash to work reliably, consistently. Finger pointing does
not alleviate the situation.

--=20

Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession.  I have come to
realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

	Ronald Reagan