Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 2008 04:20:41 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@incunabulum.net>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: r181397 of src/usr.bin/make/job.c breaks cross-compiles

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 11:14:52PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> When cross-building a make as part of a NanoBSD arm job (amd64
> 7.1-PRERELEASE hosting an arm -CURRENT build), this change appears to
> break buildworld. If I back out this change and go back to rev 176808,
> the buildworld is fine.

Please explain, how it may cause problem? In 'make world' or 'make
buildworld;make installworld' headers and libraries was builded first with
old make, _then_ the new make is builded. 'make' is not a bootstrap tool
builded first (at -current, I don't check -stable branch)

If you uprade by hand you shound manually install headers, rebuild libs,
then make.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/