Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2008 11:27:14 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@freebsd.org>, Bagavathy Kumar Mahendran  <bagavathykumar.m@hcl.in>
Subject:   Re: FW: i386/127710: My driver PCI probe is not called for my correspondingdevice ID and Vendor ID

On Wednesday 01 October 2008 08:50:15 am Bagavathy Kumar Mahendran wrote:

> Dear All,
>              Iam writing a new driver for a SAS/SATA Controller having a
> Class ID -0x01
> Sub Class - 0x07
> Programming Interface - 0x00
>
> Hence instead of my probe function the Static build Card Bus Driver cbb
> is attaching just by simply checking sub class 0x07 and programming
> interface 0x00.hence my probe gets failed. Kindly help me in resolving
> this .what I thought is to add the card bus driver a checking of CLASS
> ID in its pci probe function.

The pccbb driver returns BUS_PROBE_DEFAULT (it should probably return GENERIC
in the case where it matches only on class codes).  Your driver just needs to
return a numerically higher value (but still < 0) to claim the device.  You
can probably use BUS_PROBE_VENDOR or BUS_PROBE_DEFAULT + 1.

--
John Baldwin