Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:52:33 -0700
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   mplayer won't build

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

For some reason, on . . .

My machine:

  FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p11

MPlayer refuses to build:

  N - O - T - E

  There are some knobs which *can* *not* be selected via the
  OPTIONS framework. You might want to check the Makefile in
  order to learn more about them.
  If you want to use the GUI, you can either install
  /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer-skins
  or download official skin collections from
  http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/dload.html
  =3D=3D=3D>  mplayer-0.99.11_8 has known vulnerabilities:
  =3D> mplayer -- twinvq processing buffer overflow vulnerability.
     Reference:
     <http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/7c5bd5b8-d652-11dd-a765-003084=
3d3802.html>
  =3D> Please update your ports tree and try again.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.
  *** Error code 1

  Stop in /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer.

Is the problem that there isn't a newer, fixed version of MPlayer in
ports?  If so -- why can't I override it using `portinstall -f`?  Am I
going to feel dumb when I realize what's stopping MPlayer from building?
How long would it take to vacuum the entire state of Florida if it was
carpeted?  What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow in
flight?

Okay . . . feel free to ignore the last two or three questions.

--=20
Chad Perrin [ content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Henry Spencer: "Those who don't understand Unix are doomed to
reinvent it, poorly."

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+

--mYCpIKhGyMATD0i+--